YORKSHIRE AFGHAN HOUND SOCIETY
CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 28TH JULY 2019
JUDGE – DOGS – MRS ALEX GILCHRIST (KHAWARI)
I would like to thank the Yorkshire Afghan Hound Society Committee for inviting me to award my first set of CC’s at their Ruby Show and for their support during the day, it was a great privilege, feeling and experience. Thanks also to those who gave me the opportunity to go over some beautiful dogs, I was very pleased with the quality of the exhibits and delighted with my winners.
Veteran Dog (4 entries, 1 Abs)
1. Millward & Mottershaw’s Multi Ch Tahkira Like it Like That (Imp) I have admired this dog from the ringside for some years now and was not disappointed today. At 8.5 years old this impressive dog is not showing any signs of aging, presentation immaculate with an extremely well muscled body. Lovely head, with dark triangular eye, long neck leading in to well laid back shoulder, good spring of rib, level top line held on the move, nice fallaway with correct tail set and ring tail. Moved round the ring like a dream, covering the ground well. Pleased to award him BVIS with my co-judge’s agreement.
2. Cannon’s Multi Ch Calaumus Mediator (Imp) Sh.CM Another lovely upstanding dog, looking great for his age, just carrying a bit too much weight today. Lovely head, dark eye, strong neck, good shoulder angles, good top line, sweeping hindquarters, used well on the move.
3. White’s Pahlevi Drive By Ruannas
Minor Puppy Dog (1 entry)
1. Mullen’s El Roalito Keep Smiling Stood alone in the class but was a worthy winner. Well put together young black and tan dog, typical head, lovely expression, well constructed overall giving a nice balanced outline, moved well for his age. Look forward to watching him as he matures. BPD
Puppy Dog (2 entries)
1. Mullen’s El Roalito Keep Smiling
2. Bastille’s Shadowfax Meistersinger, brindle maturing nicely, lovely head underneath the whiskers, dark eye, well laid back shoulder, good spring of rib, good topline, strong loin, good hind quarters, fallaway and ringed tail to finish off. Movement will settle as he matures.
Junior Dog (5 entries, 1 abs, 2 missed class)
1. Thompson’s Drishaun The Vampire Lily Via Gothika black masked gold, well presented, pleasing over all shape, masculine head with dark eye, well laid back shoulder, level topline, great bend of stifle, which gave lovely extension on the move. Good tone overall on body.
2. Mitchell & Smithson’s Zandahar Xplosive Storm Cream dog, not quite as mature as the class winner, typical head with dark eye, good length of neck, well angled shoulder, reasonable spring of rib, nice rear angles, well set tail.
Yearling Dog (8 Entries, 1 Abs)
1. Anderson’s Zandahar Tartan Xplorer Shaded masked gold, with profuse coat, beautifully presented and gives a lovely overall balanced picture standing, on the move he covered the ground well. Nice head, good expression, dark eye, strong underjaw, strong neck, well laid back shoulder with good angles, good depth of chest, strong loin, good bend of stifle, well muscled hindquarters, nice fallaway with correct tail set which is finished with a nice ring on it.
2. Thompson’s Drishaun The Vampire Lily Via Gothika
3. Lancashire & O’Donnell’s Drishaun Fair as a Lily JW
Novice Dog (5 Entries, 1 withdrawn, 2 Abs)
1. Moyes’s Bryelis Rebel Heart Black and silver dog, pleasing head with darkest of eyes, strong underjaw, front confirmation good, well sprung rib and depth of chest.. Balanced picture overall, well muscled.
2. Shadowfax Meistersinger
Graduate Dog ( 7 Entries)
1. Reed’s Cloudside Sunstrike Eye catching silver brindle, well presented and in great body condition. Lovely head without being too strong with nice chiselling on foreface, dark eye, good length of neck, well angled shoulder, good spring of rib and depth of chest, level topline which he held on the move, strong loin, sweeping hind quarters, correct fallaway, tail set good and ringed tail. Moved round the ring effortlessly covering the ground well. A lovely dog overall.
2. French & French’s Sitana Bijali Toofan At Zalmeerah Gold dog, presenting a lovely overall picture, well balanced. Lovely head and expression, punishing underjaw, darkest of eyes, strong neck, good angles on the shoulder, lovely level top line, good spring of rib, well bent stifle, well muscled. Moved well.
3. Zandahar Tartan Xplorer
Post Graduate Dog (5 Entries, 1 abs)
1. Bovey’s Sitana Barisa Toofan Karianca This gold boy just shone for me, he exuded the style of high order expected in our breed. Beautifully presented in firm condition giving a perfectly balanced outline when standing. Beautiful head, strong underjaw, dark eye, good length of neck leading to well angled shoulder, lovely top line, good depth of chest and spring of rib, strong loin, lovely angulation in the hind quarters, prominent hip bones, lovely fallaway and correct ringed tail. Moved with drive and grace round the ring, with correct head and tail carriage. Delighted to award him the RCC.
2. Gorman & Latimer’s Affietar Glen Shiel At Zharook This dog certainly demands attention from the ringside and one I have noticed since he was a youngster. I was not disappointed going over him today he has the aloofness and style that is typical of our breed. Upstanding shaded masked red with lovely head with dark eye, good length of upper arm, spring of rib and depth of chest, level top line, prominent hip bones, good rear angulation, low hocks. Expertly handled and moved round the ring with grace.
3. Gleed & MacPherson’s Korinya Habutai Silk
Mid Limit Dog (8 entries, 2 abs)
1. James & James’s Sitana Aag Toofan Lovely very pale gold dog, the more you look at him the more you like about him, well balanced overall. Lovely head, dark eye, well laid back shoulder, really level top line, good spring of rib and good depth of chest, good bend of stifle, well muscled, correct fallaway with nicely ringed tail. Floated round the ring effortlessly covering the ground well, expertly handled.
2. Chadwick’s Sofico Graffeti Upstanding gold dog, well balanced overall, lovely head and expression, dark eye, sound conformation fore and aft, covered the ground well on the move.
3. Bunney’s Gezanjcol Strike A Light At Zadal JW
Limit Dog (4 Entries)
1. Swan & Scott’s Arushkhan Dancin In My Heart At Ambeshan JW Eye catching and presented beautifully, a lovely picture combining elegance and strength. Pale gold dog with lovely head, lovely expression, dark eye, strong underjaw, lovely long ears, good length to neck flowing in to well laid back shoulder, deep chest and good spring of rib, prominent hip bones, well bent sweeping stifle, strong low hocks, good fallaway with lovely ringed tail. Moved with purpose and covered the ground well.
2. French & French’s Palamedees Taboo at Zalmeerah Lovely shaded masked gold dog, good head with nice chiselling on his foreface, dark eye, good length of neck leading in to well laid back shoulder, nice level top line, strong loin, good depth of chest and spring of rib, good rear angulation, nice fallaway and ringed tail.
3. Cheesman’s Zaram Zeroun
Open Dog (8 entries, 1 withdrawn)
1. Holmes & Shaw’s Shimalma Italian Sunset. Upstanding masculine self masked red dog, without exaggeration anywhere, lovely type, masculine head with dark triangular eye with lovely chiselling on foreface which we do not see a lot of nowadays, strong underjaw, long neck flowing into well laid back shoulder, super front confirmation, level topline held on the move, muscled loin of correct length, wonderful angulation at rear which he used to power himself round the ring effortlessly, moved with a style of high order, head and tail up. Presentation was immaculate. So pleased to be able to award him the CC today.
2. Cullen’s Syrdarya Toffy Pop At Eweyisska Impressive brindle, presenting a well balanced picture, presented in super condition, nice head with dark eye, well assembled front, good spring of rib and depth of chest, level topline, good fallaway and tail set. Moved effortlessly and with style round the ring.
3. Bloor’s Pashtari Lord Byron
Alex Gilchrist (Khawari)
2 August 2019